Thursday 8 November 2012

Nigerian Writer: Kelsy Senibo Tambo (1992-2011)










In memory of
Kelsy Senibo Tambo (1992-2011)
By
Felix Brambaifa

Your earthly memories must now linger
For now it becomes our constant bane
A debt to which we must all surrender
In the duty of love for the reward of pain

So unfair how others fall and we yet exist
To continue in grief until that time ordained
When reality is altered, no matter the greed to resist
Into a place uncertain, where we are then detained

What comes afterwards we would never know
But unto you I shall come without fear
Where physical bond altered must spiritually regrow
A love of old rekindled with you my dear

Gradually it comes the day of reckoning
When this curtain falls and another raised
We are all cursed to this inevitable foreboding
Which when triumphant our earthly time erased

Grief the detail and character of my soul
As I lament the remembrance of moments past
Of experienced laughs this demise stole
That togetherness I had wished would last

Until the time comes I choose to remember
Your purity for which earth was thus unworthy
Your embrace and warmth during last December
During which I thought our time was for eternity

To you I insist that there must come no end
For my will falters when I must say goodbye
Your memories I would live to strongly defend
I will bid no farewell and this is certainly no lie


No comments:

Post a Comment